Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

James Color Rush Bradberry Jersey James Color Rush Bradberry Jersey

User is offline   linchao 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
The Panthers selected the former Bulldogs wide receiver in the seventh round." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteCat Scratch Readera Carolina Panthers communityLog In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsSectionsAboutPanthersOddsShopStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Keep Sounding PodcastPanthers 2019 NFL DraftCSR Film RoomFiled under:Panthers 2019 NFL DraftTerry Godwin could be a diamond in the rough at wide receiver for the Carolina PanthersNew Brian Burns Jersey ,7commentsThe Panthers selected the former Bulldogs wide receiver in the seventh round.EDTShareTweetShareShareTerry Godwin could be a diamond in the rough at wide receiver for the Carolina PanthersPhoto by Kevin C. Cox/Getty ImagesCarolina Panthers fans wanted the Panthers to add depth at wide receiver in the draft and they did just that. Albeit probably a little later in the draft than they wanted. NFL.comTerry Godwin is a fluid receiver with soft hands and the ability to create yards after the catch. On the flip side Godwin just doesn’t flash as elite in an one area. He’s not as fast as you would like (4.55 forty), not as strong as needed (skipped bench press at combine) nor is he disciplined in his route running. Yet he is a gamer, a guy who can make the big catch just when you need it. I also see a very tough runner after the catch. When I watch this highlight video (skip the first segment) I see some nice sideline catches and a lot of crossing routes but in all cases I see a receiver that is always fighting for that last yard. Godwin’s highlights include several plays where he takes a big shot, or shakes off sure tackles to extend the play. In fact I think that is a theme between both late round skill positions picks Graham Gano Jersey , referring to the selection of running back Jordan Scarlett. They are both tough runners that are hard to bring down. Looking back to the 2018 NFL draft D.J. Moore fits this profile as well. I think we can mark down ‘tough runner’ as a general trait the Panthers look for in draft prospects.NFL Comparable: Corey ‘Philly’ BrownThat comparison comes from NFL.com and was not limited to picking former Panthers, I don’t think anyway. It might be a good comparison. Let’s hope he is more like Philly Brown instead of Corey Brown lol.That’s an old Ron Rivera joke that I couldn’t find in quick fashion but it was something like this after Brown had a horrible game after changing his name from Philly to Corey. “Philly Brown is an NFL player. Corey Brown is a nice young man.” Fun Fact: Philly Brown led the Panthers in receiving yards (80) in the 2015 Super Bowl.SummaryWhere he fitsGodwin reflects the big shift in what Panthers general manager Marty Hurney covets in wide receivers over former general manager Dave Gettleman: speed and good hands over size and strength. So I completely agree with the slotting of Godwin as a slot receiver (pun intended). Even casual fans see this.RotoworldMost of Godwin’s draft evaluations and his highlights point to slot receiver. He will have a hard time making the Panthers roster this fall as the Panthers have a lot of depth. It’s a major reason why I didn’t see the need to draft a wide receiver as many of other fans. The Panthers currently four players that should be locks to make the roster: D.J. Moore, Curtis Samuel, Chris Hogan Julius Peppers Jersey , and Jarius Wright. Certainly Torry Smith and newly signed Aldrick Robinson are front runners for the fifth and possibly sixth wide receiver spots. I will say though the last three I listed could very well be beat out. Surprising fact: Here’s an evaluation saying Godwin has a high Football IQ, something that is very rare coming from UGA. Add ‘knows how to overcome adversity’ to his resume. The selection of Brian Burns by the Carolina Panthers seems very well liked across several sports media outlets." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteCat Scratch Readera Carolina Panthers communityLog In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsSectionsAboutPanthersOddsShopStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Keep Sounding PodcastPanthers 2019 NFL DraftCSR Film RoomFiled under:NFL DraftPanthers 2019 NFL DraftCarolina Panthers first round draft pick of Brian Burns graded highly by several outletsNew,16commentsThe selection of Brian Burns by the Carolina Panthers seems very well liked across several sports media outlets.EDTShareTweetShareShareCarolina Panthers first round draft pick of Brian Burns graded highly by several outletsChristopher Hanewinckel-USA TODAY SportsThe Carolina Panthers selected Florida State defensive end Brian Burns with their 16th overall selection in the 2019 NFL Draft, and that pick has been well received across the sporting world. Most importantly DJ Moore Color Rush Jersey , nearly 90 percent of our readership on Cat Scratch Reader graded the pick a B or higher. Here is a round up of some of the national outlet grades:CBS Sports: B+Sports Illustrated: B+SB Nation: “Just Right”USA Today: BTheringer.com: A+Walterfootball.com: A-As you can see, everyone at least thinks it was a good pick, if not a great one. My personal opinion is that Burns has one of the highest floors in the draft, and with some technique refinement James Color Rush Bradberry Jersey , added bulk, and coaching could explode many predicted ceilings as well. his pure athletic traits are just too good to ignore, and he will almost certainly see a lot of work early as Ron Rivera likes to rotate his defensive linemen. I can see him carving a very nice spot for himself next season in hybrid or odd personnel looks, and he’ll be at his best stunting from a wide split back to the inside. As he adds bulk and knowledge Ian Thomas Jersey , and hopefully better play in the run game, he could be a full time option.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users