Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Alvin Kamara Jersey White Alvin Kamara Jersey White

User is offline   linchao 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
The Denver Broncos reeled off big run after big run against the soft underbelly of the Kansas City Chiefs defense.Phillip Lindsay and Royce Freeman ran roughshod over the Chiefs. Each scored a touchdown and Freeman eluded seven defenders and dragged a linebacker into the end zone on his 14-yard score."We ran the ball well https://www.thesaint...ew-brees-jersey ," Broncos quarterback Case Keenum said. "We started off so many series just pounding the rock at second-and-1, first-and-10. Even with some loaded boxes that K.C. brought, our offensive line played really well."We've got to keep running the ball well. If we keep running the ball like we do, we're going to win a lot of games."Nobody could stop Lindsay and Freeman Monday night 鈥?except Broncos offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave, who abandoned his great ground game at key moments in the Broncos' 27-23 loss .That included a three-and-out series in which the Broncos lined up in three-receiver sets three times in between the Chiefs' final two drives, both of which ended in touchdowns as Patrick Mahomes rallied the Chiefs (4-0) back from a 10-point fourth-quarter deficit.Lindsay ran for 69 yards on a dozen carries for a 5.8-yard average and Freeman ran for 67 yards on just eight hand-offs, a whopping 8.4-yard average.Lindsay's long run was 19 yards and both Freeman and speedy wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders reeled off 18-yard runs."They ran downhill, but you score points by throwing the football," Broncos coach Vance Joseph said. "We ran the ball to control the game, but you throw the ball to score."Clinging to a 23-20 lead, the Broncos didn't burn enough clock to keep Mahomes on the sideline and give Denver's exhausted defense enough of a breather.After a run for no gain, a catch for no gain and a sack Womens Marshon Lattimore Jersey , Marquette King shanked a 35-yard punt that gave the Chiefs the ball at midfield for their game-winning drive.The Chiefs ran well themselves, with Kareem Hunt leading the way with 121 yards on 19 carries."It was a big game," Hunt said. "We've been up big on everyone we've played so far. It's good to see where we're at mentally and be able to fight back and come back in the fourth quarter down 10 points. That shows a team that's not going to give up."Other takeaways from the Chiefs' sixth straight victory over the Broncos:MAGIC MAHOMESPatrick Mahomes threw for 304 yards and a touchdown, a 2-yarder to tight end Travis Kelce that sparked the fourth-quarter comeback. That gave him 14 TDs and zero interceptions through the first month of the season.But the play everyone was talking was his 6-yard strike to Tyreek Hill with his left hand while getting pulled down by Von Miller ."I didn't think about it at all," Mahomes said. "I was just kind of scrambling left, I felt Von on my back and I knew I couldn't throw it with my right hand. I knew we needed the first down, so I kind of shot-putted it to Tyreek. ... You just have to get the ball in their hand somehow.""It caught me off-guard," Hill said. "I've never seen a quarterback who is right-handed throw the ball left-handed."Said Hunt: "I thought, is this dude a magician or something? He is doing things that you don't see often."Or ever, suggested Chiefs safety Eric Murray."That one is new," Murray said. "I'm glad we all got to see it."Miller didn't see it.He was wrapped around Mahomes' ankles trying to bring down the second-year star."I didn't know he threw it with his left hand," Miller conceded.Neither did linebacker Shane Ray."I didn't see the hand switch Alvin Kamara Jersey White ," Ray said. "I heard about it."Along with everyone else.KEENUM CONUNDRUMThrough one month, Case Keenum isn't the same quarterback who led the Minnesota Vikings to the NFC championship in January after injuries to Sam Bradford and Teddy Bridgewater.So far, Keenum has just three touchdown passes to go with six interceptions with the Broncos after throwing for 22 TDs and just seven interceptions."We believe in Case and he's shown he can win games late for us," Joseph said.Keenum nearly pulled off his third fourth-quarter comeback for the Broncos but he overthrew a wide-open Demaryius Thomas streaking down the Chiefs sideline with 16 seconds left from the K.C. 28."It was close," Keenum said. "I want to watch it on film. But it felt really close. There's a few, especially those types of plays that I lose a little sleep over, thinking about it, laying at night in bed. It's a tough one, it stings."KING'S STINGThe Broncos brought in a practice squad punter to push King last week but he continued his disappointing first season in Denver by averaging just 41 yards on three punts with a paltry net of 28.7.His 35-yard duck gave the Chiefs the ball at their 40 with 4 1/2 minutes left."He's got to perform better," Joseph said. "We're at home and it's his job to flip the field. It ain't happening." The offense and Drew Brees had a historical night and stole the show, but the defense looked to finally be on the same page and had a complete game.While it wasn’t perfect, and the Redskins’ offense made their fair share of mistakes Womens Tre'Quan Smith Jersey , a lot of the problems from earlier in the season seem to be going away. Let’s take a look at two plays that show the progress of the defense. The DefenseOn the first offensive drive for the Redskins, they face a 3rd and 10. The Saints come out in nickel formation with a cover 2 zone against the Redskins 11 personnel that features tight end Jordan Reed in the slot and running back Chris Thompson in the backfield. Safeties Vonn Bell and Marcus Williams are responsible for the two deep halves of the field, while the linebackers and corners will sit on the 1st down line. This type of defense encourages the quarterback to throw the ball short of the 1st down marker and have the receiver tackled before he can pick up the necessary yards. The safeties do a good job at picking up their coverage responsibilities. Bell will follow the dig route from the number 1 receiver on his side, while Williams will carry the post route from the outside receiver on the other side. This type of communication was an issue earlier in the season and resulted in some big plays from the opposing offense. It’s good to see the little things are getting cleaned up. On the defensive line, the Saints roll-out their NASCAR package. Cam Jordan is lined up inside, over the B-gap in a 2-point stance with Marcus Davenport also in a 2-point stance to the offense’s left. Alex Okafor and Sheldon Rankins are the two down lineman, lined up in the 7 technique and 4i technique respectively. Pushing Jordan inside and having an extra defensive end in is a good way to get pressure on the quarterback without having to call a blitz, while also dropping 7 into coverage. Jordan and Rankins will attempt to run a twist, but Rankins is unable to penetrate his gap and he and Jordan get pinned inside. Rankins then does a good job of running with Alex Smith when he scrambles out of the pocket. Smith completes the pass but his receiver is tackled well short of the first down marker and the Redskins are forced to punt.The next play is a good example of how the pressure was able to disrupt Alex Smith for much of the game. The Redskins will run a version of the mesh/half back wheel concept. The mesh concept here is called unders, where the two outside receivers on each side of the field will run shallow crossing routes in order to create a rub in the middle of the field that makes it difficult to defend in man coverage. Marcus Williams and Ken Crawley do a good job at recognizing this and will “switch” the receivers they are covering. Justin Hardee will then drop back into coverage. He does not see the receiver running the dig route behind him come open, but fortunately for the Saints, neither does Smith. The halfback (Chris Thompson) will run a wheel route out of the backfield that is picked up by Anzalone. This is where Alex Smith looks first Marshon Lattimore Saint Jersey , but Davenport does a great job at disrupting the route to throw off the offense’s timing. (The Saints did this with tight ends and running backs all game) Smith will then work his way to the mesh concept in the middle of the field and sees that it is covered. He then looks back to the wheel route and baits Alex Anzalone with his eyes which give Thompson enough space to get open behind him, but at this point, Davenport is collapsing the pocket from the left side and Smith is forced to throw the ball out of the end zone.These are just two examples that show the defense improving and how the secondary and front seven are working in tandem and seem to be all on the same page. Tre’Quan SmithBy now, everyone has seen the play that put Drew Brees atop the passing yard record and got Tre’quan Smith his first NFL touchdown. Smith wasn’t done there as he would later score another touchdown in the 3rd quarter. The Saints will call another four-verticals passing concept, with Taysom Hill running the jet motion that will carry into a swing route. Alvin Kamara will run his go route out of the backfield and Dan Arnold, who got his first NFL game action, is lined up as an inline tight end. Arnold was in on the two other times this play was called and looks to be the new receiving threat from the tight end group. Smith is able to beat the jam by the cornerback with a nice arm over technique and without a safety over the top, gets wide open along the sideline for the 35 yard touchdown. Tre’Quan Smith was able to step up in the absence of Ginn and appears to be forming good chemistry with Brees, while Smith is able to run the deep routes that Ginn normally does and with this performance he may continue to see an increase in snaps as the season goes forward.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users