Return to forums
Register new account
Login:

Mclaren Power Forums: And can you make a lot of money and destroy your life - Mclaren Power Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

And can you make a lot of money and destroy your life

User is offline   linchao 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
ATLANTA (AP) — Retired Dallas Cowboys safety Dextor Clinkscale gets a chance each year to re-experience the camaraderie of playing in the NFL when the Super Bowl Gospel Choir convenes to perform in the city hosting the league’s marquee game.The choir provides about 60 players — mostly retired and a couple of current ones — a different type of team atmosphere Dak Prescott Jersey White , one that combines a love of gospel music and pro football.During rehearsal at the annual reunion , this time for Thursday night’s performance in the 20th Super Bowl Gospel Celebration at Atlanta Symphony Hall, Clinkscale said he felt his spirit being rekindled in the same way it does each year.“It is part of the electricity and … the power of it,” Clinkscale said Wednesday evening. “It moves through everything, and I think that’s a big reason why so many of the guys come. You see some guys that you didn’t even realize were on a roster, but the spirit of the Lord brings us together, and it just happens.”Max Garcia, a Denver offensive lineman, and New Orleans receiver Austin Carr are two active players in the choir. Former stars such as Tim Brown, Emmitt Smith and Matt Forte and current stars Larry Fitzgerald and Russell Wilson are listed as presenters or honorees.Carr grew up singing in the church and got the itch to perform after visiting Broadway in high school. He started acting, playing piano and taking vocal training. He performed with the Super Bowl choir last year, but is not this year.He said he joined the choir because “I love to sing. I love God. It was just this opportunity to get involved.”The NFL-sanctioned choir will perform two songs at the sold-out event that’s being televised on BET Saturday. The event also will feature performances by Kirk Franklin, Koryn Hawthorne, Tasha Cobbs Leonard and The Winans.For Orlick Johnson, a former linebacker who played parts of two seasons and ended his career in 2000, the choir is a means for players to minister to each other.“This career can be over in three years, sometimes less,” Johnson said. “Can you make a lot of money in three years? Of course you can. Can you be a millionaire in three years? Of course you can, but can you make that money and lose it all? Yes, you can.“And can you make a lot of money and destroy your life? Yes Womens Emmitt Smith Jersey , you can, but we want to that guiding light for each other and we always can learn something from each other.”Longtime choir director Myron Butler, a gospel star who’s recorded five albums with Motown, said anyone with NFL experience is welcome.“Just to have played in the NFL,” Butler said is all the qualification a player needs “and I do the rest.”The group will perform “I’ll Make It,” with songwriter Hezekiah Walker, and “Jesus Can Work It Out,” written by Dr. Charles Hayes and the Cosmopolitan Church of Prayer.“You want something that’s high energy,” Butler said. “You want something that displays their ability and you want something they can have fun with. I try to find music to accomplish those goals.”The Broncos’ Garcia, who is performing this year, found out about the choir from a teammate and was put in touch with Johnson.It was an easy decision for the 6-foot-4, 309-pound guard, who writes poetry, sings his own songs and performs karaoke nearly every Monday night in Denver. He has deep Christian faith and a love for the arts.“You get to express yourself,” Garcia said. “I like to dance, sing, I like to draw. Any way I express what I’m feeling inside I think it’s necessary. I think it’s healthy, especially what’s going on with our mental health issue in America. I think it’s important for someone to find an outlet they enjoy doing. Singing is definitely one of mine.”Johnson will never forgot how veteran players helped him adjust to the NFL by keeping their faith first.“Either the first or second year, I was part of an organization called CAUSE — Christian athletes used for spiritual empowerment,” the former linebacker said. “That was started with Reggie White and Cris Carter and Randall Cunningham. Those guys Emmitt Smith Jersey , my rookie year, they just took me in as a Christian. They showed me the ropes and let me know I wasn’t alone.”He still isn’t.As Johnson headed back to rehearsal, he had some new friends to meet.“It’s about that revolving door,” he said. “There are always different cities, there are always different people. There’s always people that can’t make it. Life happens, but we want a revolving door of encouraging people.” If you're still thinking Christian McCaffrey is just a receiving back, it may be time to reconsider.The Panthers' second-year running back is coming off a perception-changing game on Sunday, rushing for a career-high 184 yards on 28 carries while playing all 67 offensive snaps in a 31-21 win over the Cincinnati Bengals. It was an eye-opening outing for a player who'd never run for more than 66 yards in a game.McCaffrey is third in the league in rushing, 3 yards behind Dallas' Ezekiel Elliott and San Francisco's Matt Breida entering the team's bye weekend and is averaging 5.9 yards per carry.While many consider McCaffrey's greatest strength to be his receiving ability 鈥?which is not entirely inaccurate given he set a franchise rookie record with 80 receptions last season and he caught 14 passes for 102 yards in a Week 2 loss to the Falcons 鈥?he is proving he can carry the load on the ground, too.The 5-foot-10, 205-pound McCaffrey is motivated to dispel the notion that he can't be an every-down back that can run between the tackles, where he continually gouged the Bengals."It definitely bothers me," McCaffrey said of the perception. "But the more and more I've gone through this league, I learned that it's never been about proving anyone wrong or proving anybody right. Just proving myself right."Panthers coach Ron Rivera has often defended the team's first-round pick in 2017, saying nobody ran between the tackles more in college than McCaffrey."His ability to run the ball inside, he doesn't get enough credit for it," Rivera said.Of course, doing it at Stanford is a lot different than doing it in the NFL where defenders are bigger, faster and stronger. Now it will be up to McCaffrey to prove he can produce consistently as an every-down running back for an entire season, not just one game.Teammates are confident he can."He's obviously not just a receiving back Emmitt Smith Jersey White , he's a total running back," Panthers quarterback Cam Newton said. "He shows signs that this is not a fluke, he's been doing this his whole career 鈥?collegiately as well as professionally."Rivera shocked some earlier this offseason when he said it would be "ideal" if the Panthers got McCaffrey 25-30 touches per game, similar to how offensive coordinator Norv Turner used LaDainian Tomlinson in San Diego. He had a career-high 30 on Sunday.McCaffrey's 14 catches the week before might have caught the Bengals off guard. They seemed determined to take him away in the passing game, but couldn't stop him on the ground.The fact that McCaffrey commands so much attention as a receiver and a runner is the reason the Panthers never took him out of the game.When he wasn't being used as a ball carrier, he proved to be an effective decoy on all four of Carolina's touchdowns.On one second-quarter play, Newton dropped back and faked a pass to McCaffrey , drawing defenders in that direction, then threw a screen pass back to the other side of the field which C.J. Anderson caught and took 24 yards for a touchdown.On Carolina's other three scores, McCaffrey served as a decoy with fake handoffs going his way to distract the defense, including on both of Newton's TD runs .Panthers center Ryan Kalil said McCaffrey's quickness makes him dangerous 鈥?and an ideal player to block for."He has great vision and great patience and he knows how to hit those holes," Kalil said. "He has a lot of pride during the week and it obviously paid off."Said McCaffrey: "I don't think a whole lot as soon as the ball is in my hands. I kind of just try and feel everything out. Once you know where everybody's going, it can kind of slow down for you."The one area where McCaffrey has struggled is near the goal line.He's yet to score a touchdown and has had difficulty moving the pile in short-yardage situations. The Panthers are turning more and more to the 6-foot-5, 250-pound Newton to get the ball into the end zone.But everywhere else, McCaffrey is proving to be hard to stop.McCaffrey is quick to deflect praise to his makeshift offensive line, which has been forced to play without three starters, including second-team All-Pro right tackle Daryl Williams."I think it obviously starts up front," McCaffrey said. "Those guys did an absolute unbelievable job all day getting after their guys and they continue to do it all game long. When we can get in a rhythm running the ball it opens everything up."

User is offline   Kayzor 

• Pip
If you want to make the money online then you need to download some online games which provide the investment option in the games. There are many Cryptocurrency games Investment options are available which also provides the instructions for the investment of money easily.I have tried to get some tips for the good gameplay which can help you to make the money online.

User is offline   lamba 

• PipPip
Yes, fortunately we can make a lot of money, and it is within the reach of all of us. But you need to remember that the real reason for happiness is far from money, but what surrounds you, what kind of people. Well, do not forget about the joys of life and entertainment, for example, for me it has already become a habit to visit site every evening and gamble. It's just really cool entertainment that a lot of people will love.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users