Return to forums
Register new account
Login:

Mclaren Power Forums: I'm going to win the NFL MVP this year or I'll be back on - Mclaren Power Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I'm going to win the NFL MVP this year or I'll be back on

User is offline   linchao 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
The bye week is coming at a good time for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Alvin Kamara Jersey , who not only are trying to get acclimated to having Jameis Winston back in the lineup, but need to find a way to fix a leaky defense.Coach Dirk Koetter made it official Monday, confirming Winston will start the team's next game 鈥?at Atlanta 鈥?on Oct. 14.The No. 1 overall pick from the 2015 draft missed the first three games of the season while serving a suspension for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy.Ryan Fitzpatrick became the first player in league history to throw for more than 400 yards in three consecutive games while leading the Bucs to a 2-2 start in Winston's absence.The "FitzMagic" show came to a screeching halt this past Sunday, when Tampa Bay fell behind Chicago by 35 points. Winston played the entire second half of the 48-10 loss."Fitz didn't play as well as he had been playing, but it was a 100 percent team deal," Koetter said, reiterating the Bucs were outplayed in every phase of the game."At the same time, Jameis Winston is the guy that's going to be here way longer than I am," the coach added. "He needs to be playing and he will unless he gets hurt."Meanwhile, Koetter stressed what he has no intentions of doing is firing defensive coordinator Mike Smith.The Bucs have allowed a NFL-high 139 points and rank near the bottom of the league in pass defense."For those people who think snapping your fingers and changing your coordinator a quarter of the way through the season, OK, what would you do after that? If we fired Mike Smith, what would the next move be?" Koetter said."Changing one person Marcus Davenport Jersey White , when we had things go wrong at all levels (Sunday). ... We as coaches have got to coach better. That starts with me," Koetter added. "But Mike Smith didn't miss any tackles. He didn't not rush the passer. He didn't blow any coverages. He didn't have any communication errors."The decision to start Winston against the Falcons essentially has been the plan since Koetter learned in late June that Winston would miss the first three games "unless we were playing lights-out in a good way or lights-out in a bad way like (Sunday)."The coach reiterated Fitzpatrick, who's played for seven teams during a 14-year career, did a good job filling in for Winston."We brought Fitz here two years ago to be a mentor to Jameis and a guy who could fill in if Jameis was injured. Both times we asked him to fill in 鈥?a three-game stretch a year ago he went 2-1 and a four-game stretch he led us to 2-2 this year," Koetter said. "Job well done. In fact, excellent. I think any team in the league would take that."Fitzpatrick, 35, said he understands the move."What I said to my Dad after how Week 1 went, and Week 2 and Week 3, was basically ... either I'm going to win the NFL MVP this year or I'll be back on the bench at some point. That's just the reality of the situation," said Fitzpatrick, who's thrown for 1,356 yards Marshon Lattimore Jersey White , 11 touchdowns and five interceptions."It's not something I necessarily wanted to hear. ... But Jameis is back," Fitzpatrick added. "Jameis is the guy. He's the face of the franchise. He's going to do a great job." Will the Saints look to Columbus to add another potential star to their stable of young Buckeyes?"Jones attended St. Ignatius High School in Cleveland, OH, where he showcased his talents on the basketball court, not even taking up football until his junior year. Despite the inexperience, he was still a four star recruit as a senior, when he earned All-Division I recognition. Jones kept his talents in-state, choosing to attend Ohio State University. After redshirting in 2015, he started twelve games in 2016 and was voted to the Big Ten All-Freshman team after gathering in 4.5 tackles for loss and 51 total stops. His statistics dropped a bit during his sophomore year (20 tackles, 5 for loss, 1 sack, and 2 passes broken up), but was still voted third team all-conference by Big Ten coaches. Jones became a defensive terror in 2018 https://www.thesaint...ew-brees-jersey , collecting 8.5 sacks, 13 takedowns for loss on 43 total tackles, intercepting one pass (returning it for a touchdown), and scoring another touchdown on one of his 3 fumble recoveries. He was voted 1st team All-Big 10 for his efforts during the campaign.Photo by Joe Robbins/Getty ImagesJones ranked within the top ten of all interior defensive linemen in numerous categories at the NFL Scouting Combine last month. 40-yd dash = 5.12Vertical leap = 31.5"Broad jump = 110"3-cone drill = 7.7120-yd. shuttle = 4.53Nfl.com comparison:Nick Fairley (ex-Saints, retired)Matthew Emmons-USA TODAY SportsDre'Mont Jones is an extremely athletic defensive tackle with a tremendous upside. Best utilized as a three-technique tackle, Jones bursts through gaps with initial quickness off the snap. He has elite short area fluidity, and slides well down the line of scrimmage in pursuit of the ball. He has a good initial upper body punch, and shows outstanding change of direction while staying light on his feet to keep opposing blockers off balance. Though inexperienced, Jones is rapidly developing his secondary pass rush moves if his initial push is slowed. Once reaching the ball carrier, he wraps and finishes tackles well, rarely letting an offensive player free. Photo by Jamie Sabau/Getty ImagesHe is a bit top-heavy for his tall frame, and can get stood up at the point of attack. Jones has struggled to maintain a low pad level at times, and must also establish a stronger base to hold up against bigger linemen who can handle his initial quickness. He showed the potential to take over the line of scrimmage while at Ohio State last season though Womens Marshon Lattimore Jersey , and his combination of athleticism, potential, and production has likely vaulted him into the 2nd round or even late 1st round consideration. The Buckeyes pipeline has been kind to New Orleans, producing wideouts Michael Thomas and Ted Ginn Jr., along with defensive backs Marshon Lattimore, Eli Apple, and Vonn Bell. Dre'Mont Jones could be an immediate contributor for the Saints young defense, and potentially an every down star.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users