Return to forums
Register new account
Login:

Mclaren Power Forums: Indianapolis Colts Jabaal Sheard Jersey - Mclaren Power Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Indianapolis Colts Jabaal Sheard Jersey Indianapolis Colts Jabaal Sheard Jersey

User is offline   linchao 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
Things worked out for Indianapolis last year when Josh McDaniels spurned them at the alter White Quincy Wilson Jersey , and things worked out for Josh McDaniels in remaining in New England.The Colts hired Frank Reich and made it to the postseason. McDaniels is back in the Super Bowl as the Patriots’ offensive coordinator.“It’s a lot that goes into it,” McDaniels said Monday night of his decision. “I think at the end of the day you have to make the best decision for yourself and your family. I’ve said this a number of times: The timing of all that stuff was not. . . . I wasn’t proud of any of that stuff.“Really happy for their success in Indianapolis this year and a significant amount of respect for those guys and excited they had a good year, the year that they had, and a very, very bright future.”McDaniels insists he still has a desire to become a head coach, but he was asked whether that would become more difficult after his decision to turn down the Colts. He interviewed with the Packers this offseason but got no offers.“I can’t control. . . .” McDaniels said. “I can only control what I do. It’s been a year. I think everybody has moved forward from that, and the decisions that are made are made, and there are a lot of things that go into those. I have a lot of things that are important in my life. If I have the chance to do that Quincy Wilson Jerseys 2019 , I would love to, but I’m also supremely fortunate and really privileged to work for our organization and continue to try to do my best here at this place and compete on Sunday and do what I can do to help our team win.” Colts General Manager Chris Ballard enters the offseason in a rare spot.He has an ascending team, and plenty of salary cap room to help make it better. But he also has a plan, as he tries to maintain the chemistry the Colts displayed this season, coming back from a 1-5 start to make the divisional round of the playoffs.Via Mike Wells of ESPN.com, Ballard said finding cultural fits would be important as he figures out how to spend. He mentioned a game this season when former Colts wideout Reggie Wayne was being inducted into the team’s ring of honor, and saw former teammates Peyton Manning, Robert Mathis Indianapolis Colts Jabaal Sheard Jersey , Edgerrin James and Jeff Saturday there to see him.“All the great players, and I just looked at them and I said, ‘You know what is consistent with those guys? They are good dudes, they are good guys, they are good teammates,'” Ballard said. “They connected, they all have relationships with each other. That resonated with me. In my mindset, it’s always something you want and you strive for Womens Jabaal Sheard 2019 Jersey , but to me, that really cemented it that day.“I am looking over and I am saying that is what we want to be. I want to look up 15 years from now and we got 10-12 players and somebody going into the Ring of Honor and they all still got these connecting relationships . . . and they went through the struggle and had great success because of it.”So while he has a pile of cap room (around $120 million), he’s also thinking ahead to the days when rookie stars such as Quenton Nelson and Darius Leonard will be needing extensions (which can’t happen for two more years).“I think just because you have all this [cap] space, just look at the roster and look at the contracts that are going to be coming up over the next two- to three-year period and you are going to see — eventually what you would like to happen is you are paying your own guys,” he said.Of course, he’s still going to spend. But it will be interesting to see on the other side of the spending whether his emphasis on character holds up, and whether there are guys they could certainly use who don’t end up there for reasons other than money.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users