Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Adrian-Amos-Jersey Adrian-Amos-Jersey

User is offline   linchao 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
If you wanted to be negative about it https://www.thebears...-Bullard-Jersey , you might note that Bears kicker Cody Parkey missed 10 kicks this year.On the more positive side, you might realize that Parkey hit five uprights this season — which is kind of amazing even if it doesn’t yield points.Despite his struggles on field goals this year, the Bears kicker was choosing to look at the numbers in his own way. He hit 23-of-30 field goals, and that 77 percent accuracy is last among playoff kickers. But he’s expanding the sample size to include his 42-of-45 accuracy on extra points.“You calculate all the times I’ve kicked the ball this year, including extra points, which are 33-yard field goals essentially, I’ve kicked at 87 percent,” Parkey said, via Adam Jahns of the . “It’s easy to look at and be like Akiem Hicks Color Rush Jersey , ‘Oh, he’s done terrible this year.’ But I’ve kicked at 87 percent, which by no means is terrible, [although] it’s not where I want to be.“I look at the positives every game, if I do bad [or] if I do good. That’s why I’m able to stand here in front of you today, five years into the NFL, still kicking.”The Bears have gone to great lengths to keep Parkey on track this year, after signing him to a four-year, $15 million contract this offseason. After his four-trick shot game against the Lions (all hitting the uprights) Bobby Massie Jersey , they started having him go to Soldier Field for practice, creating a 80-mile round trip to help keep him confident. After he doinked another one last week against the Vikings, Bears coach Matt Nagy was careful to say the blame was not solely Parkey’s.Because they’re living on defense and being careful with the ball, having him in the right mindset in the playoffs is crucial. And if that means letting him present his stats his own way, then they’ll let him. DETROIT (AP)The Detroit Lions could enjoy the rest of their weekend, knowing their playoff hopes were still very much intact after a victory over Chicago on Saturday. On Sunday, however, the scores from around the league gave the Lions little reason for excitement. Victories by Carolina and New Orleans (10-4) left the Lions two games behind those teams with two to play. Detroit (8-6) is also a half-game behind Atlanta. The Lions lost earlier this season to the Panthers, Saints and Falcons https://www.thebears...ian-Amos-Jersey , and Detroit has to beat out at least one of those NFC South teams if it’s going to make the playoffs as a wild card. Atlanta (8-5) plays Monday night, so for Lions fans, the scoreboard watching continues. ”You can’t look back,” receiver Golden Tate said after the win over Chicago. ”We just got to go out and get the next one, control what we can control.” Detroit’s schedule down the stretch has been manageable, and the Lions took advantage Saturday in their 20-10 victory over Chicago. Detroit is at Cincinnati (5-9) next weekend before hosting Green Bay to end the regular season. The Lions did pull even with Seattle (8-6) on Sunday when the Seahawks were routed 42-7 by the Rams, but even after that game, Detroit had only a 21 percent chance to make the postseason, according to fivethirtyeight.com. If the Lions win their final two games Jordan Howard Color Rush Jersey , their chance of making it would be around 50 percent. As much as the Lions try to keep their focus on their remaining games, it’s hard not to ponder what might have been. ”We did it to ourselves though,” tight end Eric Ebron said. ”We’ve got to fend for ourselves. That’s kind of how it works. That’s kind of how you play the game and you just roll with the punches. So, right now we’re just rolling with the punches and know what we’ve got to do.” Detroit’s loss to Atlanta in September stings in particular. The Lions had a last-second touchdown overturned after a review and lost that game 30-26 . The Falcons do have to play both Carolina and New Orleans in the final two weeks of the regular season, but first Atlanta has a good chance to add another win at Tampa Bay on Monday night. For the Lions, meanwhile, winning out is no sure thing. Matthew Stafford had another efficient game Saturday, going 25 of 33 for 237 yards and two touchdowns. He’s completed 80.2 percent of his passes over the past three games, but the problems that have held the offense back haven’t really been solved. The Lions rushed for under 100 yards as a team against the Bears Eddie Jackson Jersey , and Stafford was sacked four times. Travis Swanson and Rick Wagner, two starters on the offensive line, were inactive. Detroit was able to overcome those issues against Chicago. Although the Lions were outgained, they had only one turnover and forced three. That was enough to beat the last-place Bears, but what Detroit can’t do is change the past – the key games the Lions lost earlier in the season against teams that are now standing between them and a playoff berth. —

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users