Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

White Bob Lilly Jersey White Bob Lilly Jersey

User is offline   linchao 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has tried to negotiate the delicate question of whether he directly negotiates with players.After Thursday night’s preseason finale Womens Joe Looney 2019 Jersey , Jones addressed with reporters a dynamic that has been hiding in plain sight for years, but that finally has resulted in scrutiny of the Cowboys: The habit of circumventing agents to sell potential contract offers to players.“Let me be real clear about something, I don’t negotiate with players,” Jones said, via Jon Machota of TheAthletic.com. “I share with players my thoughts about our team and about why I have the position I have. And I give them information as they’re assessing their decision.”It’s a tomato-tomahto distinction. While Jones may not be exchanging proposals with players behind the backs of their agents, he admits to trying to sell the players on why they should accept the team’s offer in lieu of holding firm for more.At the risk of getting technical on this, let’s go ahead and get technical on this. The folks at Webster’s define “negotiate” like this: “[T]o confer with another so as to arrive at the settlement of some matter.”So Cheap Joe Looney Youth Jersey , even if Jones isn’t directly trading numbers with players, he’s conferring with them in an attempt to arrive at the settlement of the contract discussions. In other words, he’s negotiating with them directly.He has done it for so long that he now does it blatantly. It remains to be seen whether the NFL or the NFL Players Association will continue to allow it to happen, or whether the NFL and the NFLPA will do nothing. If nothing is done, this type of non-negotiation negotiating is something that every team should do. Because it apparently works.Otherwise, Jones wouldn’t be wasting his time to do it. The Cowboys picked up Connor McGovern in the third round, how’s everyone feeling?"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Dallas Cowboys NewsDallas Cowboys 2019 DraftCowboys get OL Connor McGovern with 90th pick White Bob Lilly Jersey , media & fans reactNew,187commentsThe Cowboys picked up Connor McGovern in the third round, how’s everyone feeling?CDTShareTweetShareShareCowboys get OL Connor McGovern with 90th pick, media & fans reactMatthew O’Haren-USA TODAY SportsThe Cowboys picked up a defensive tackle, Trysten Hill, in the second round. That pick had it’s supporters and detractors. In the third round, the Cowboys picked up Connor McGovern Bob Lilly Jersey 2019 , the interior offensive lineman from Penn State. It’s puzzling for many with safety on the tip of everyone’s tongue but offensive line also happens to be a position that the Cowboys typically nail:Let’s check the pulse of everyone from media to fans on their reactions to the pick:A few quick scouting report snapshots:Connor McGovern was pretty nervous when he saw the area code:Then there are those reactions of what does this mean? How is the recovery of Travis Frederick really going? Connor McGovern is projected to be a starter with second-round talent, is he replacing someone in 2019 or 2020?Those thoughts were shot down rather quickly:It was really about the Cowboys going with the best player available and Connor McGovern was their highest rated player left:Talk about depth at a position, does anyone have anything close to what the Cowboys have on the offensive line?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users