Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

James Color Rush Bradberry Jersey James Color Rush Bradberry Jersey

User is offline   linchao 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
This column began as a weekly spotlight on the worst tendencies and decision-making habits of the Carolina Panthers coaching staff. The intention wasn’t to publish a weekly list of reasons why Ron Rivera should be fired. It was to provide constructive criticism. Not for Rivera —I have no idea if anybody inside Bank of America Stadium reads this column— but for fans who wanted to know why Panthers games were always closer than they needed to be.Sometimes DJ Moore Color Rush Jersey , we’ve looked at situations where the staff has bucked the influence of their out-dated angels. The rest of these columns have focused on situations where the Panthers made bad choices while possessing the ball. Yesterday, Ron Rivera decided to shake up the staff that spends the least amount of time with the football. That may come across as scapegoating from the perspective of this writing, but it isn’t. The defense was also a problem this year. No amount of offensive coaching changes are going to change how Rivera makes decisions in the red zone or on critical downs with short distances to gain. The opportunity for scapegoats left long ago, now is the time for shuffling coaches on the deck of the R.M.S. Riverboat. It is what it is.There isn’t much left to say. We know that the Panthers are hampered by certain personnel deficiencies along both lines that accentuate Rivera’s most antiquated flaws. He wants to rely on his frequently struggling defense and is given the opportunity often by an offense that is magnetically attracted to coming up just short on third down. He actively prefers close games, decided by a touchdown or less, where his record is dead even through eight years. A perfect 29-29-1.With only four games left in 2018 for the Panthers, Rivera has to believe that a winning streak can save his job. Pulling that off will require a style of coaching that he clearly disdains. The Panthers have spent all season —and James Color Rush Bradberry Jersey , really, all of Rivera’s tenure in Carolina— on the verge of success. He has built good teams and has convinced his players to buy in year after year. They, like many teams, commit a number of errors every game. Losses take on the story of an avalanche of misfortune. Wins are often about overcoming adversity and “finding a way to win.” Part of that balancing act of mistakes and missed opportunities are self-inflicted wounds. They are based in what looks like a desire to resurrect the 1985 Bears in the era of the 2018 Chiefs.That balance keeps the Panthers teetering back and forth between winning and losing seasons. A year where everything clicks into place looks like 2015. A year that sees a few more unlucky bounces looks like 2018, or 2011, or 2012, or 2014 Ian Thomas Jersey , or 2016. If Rivera would take his good teams and push them instead of trying to protect them then he could be a successful coach in the NFL. He could tip the balance that he created. He could lead the Panthers to future seasons of relevance. To do so his team needs to make a commitment to scoring points instead of possessing the football, to defending the pass instead of rallying to the catch.Rivera’s stories could be about beating most teams with confidence instead of a last second field goal. Fans could be excited about big games instead of, at best, nervous. I don’t think any of this is likely to happen, but I would be happy if it did. The old Riverboat has been good for this franchise. I don’t enjoy writing about negatives of his time here. I don’t want to keep writing about narrow losses to teams that are not better than the Panthers. I would like to write about an eight year veteran, in danger of being left behind, acknowledging his own flaws and growing as a head coach at the highest level of football. CHARLOTTE Curtis Samuel Color Rush Jersey , N.C. (AP) — Taylor Heinicke's stint as the Panthers starting quarterback was a brief one.Carolina placed Heinicke on injured reserve Wednesday after he sustained a left elbow injury in his first career NFL start, a 24-10 loss to the Falcons on Sunday. Coach Ron Rivera said undrafted rookie Kyle Allen will start against the Saints this weekend with Carolina already eliminated from playoff contention.Carolina signed Garrett Gilbert, who was with the team in training camp, on Wednesday to be Allen's backup. The Panthers don't want to activate Cam Newton for the season finale. Newton, who is struggling with a shoulder injury, sat out the Falcons game.Allen relieved Heinicke for a few plays during the second quarter against the Falcons and completed all four pass attempts before Heinicke returned to the game."I thought he did a nice job," Rivera said of Allen's brief stint at QB. "His decision-making was good and he threw some nice balls and took pretty good control."Saints coach Sean Payton called Allen a "smart" quarterback."He locates the ball well Daeshon Hall Jersey ," Payton said. "Quickly, we're going to have to watch as much tape on him as possible."Rivera joked that Allen will need to learn that he doesn't have to walk toward to the bench to get the play calls anymore, since the NFL uses headsets."It will be something he has to learn and get used to," Rivera said.Heinicke injured his elbow on a hit by Falcons defensive tackle Grady Jackson in the second quarter that drew a flag for unnecessary roughness. He was taken to the locker room, but returned with a brace on his left elbow and finished the game completing 33 of 53 passes for 274 yards with one touchdown and three interceptions while taking a physical beating from the Falcons pass rush.Heinicke had an MRI on the elbow on Monday and the team decided to shut him down for the season. Heinicke wouldn't discuss specifics of the injury except to say the results "didn't look good."However, he said he won't need surgery."Yeah, it's a bummer Trai Turner Color Rush Jersey ," Heinicke said. "But at the same time I got to finish the game. I'm just happy I got to finish the game and I appreciate that."This week's game against the Saints appeared to be an important one at the midway point of the NFL season after New Orleans got off to a 7-1 start and Carolina began 6-2.But the two teams have gone in opposite directions.The Saints have already clinched home-field advantage throughout the NFC playoffs, while the Panthers have lost seven straight and were eliminated from contention after last week's loss to the Falcons.With New Orleans (13-2) having nothing left to gain in the regular season there is a good chance that Teddy Bridgewater will see extensive playing time at quarterback, but Payton has not declared his plans on how much he intends to play Drew Brees and the rest of the team's starters.NOTES: Panthers 33-year-old tight end Greg Olsen said his second surgery in two years on his foot went well and he still feels like he can play at a high level if the team wants him back next season. Olsen, who went on injured reserve Dec. 5, said "I still enjoy playing and I still know I can play."

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users