Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Josh Ferguson Jersey Stitched Josh Ferguson Jersey Stitched

User is offline   linchao 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
INDIANAPOLIS — Andrew Luck has done some of his most memorable work rallying the Indianapolis Colts. He’d rather spend the time protecting leads.Lately Josh Ferguson Jersey Stitched , the Colts have allowed Luck to use his preferred strategy by scoring early and often before relying on a balanced attack and an increasingly stout defense to close out victories. It’s happened each of the past two weeks in crucial games, putting Indy on the cusp of a historic milestone.“I think it’s discipline, sound fundamentals, sound technique, it’s converting third downs. It’s all of those things,” Luck said Tuesday as the Colts try to become the first team to reach a conference championship game after starting 1-5. “It’s nice to be playing with a lead, especially on the road.”In previous seasons, slow starts forced Luck and Co. to climb out of some huge holes.Sure, Luck thrived in those situations, engineering 21 game-winning drives in the fourth quarter or overtime during his first five pro seasons, including a league-record seven in 2012 and the second-largest playoff comeback in January 2014 against the Kanas City Chiefs. He added three more comeback wins this season, all since late October, with the most recent coming Dec. 23 against the New York Giants.But as the playoff picture came into focus Cheap Clayton Geathers Youth Jersey , Luck didn’t need a series of fantastic finishes.Instead, during their current five-game winning streak, the Colts (11-6) have trailed in only two games and have not faced a deficit larger than 10. Indy led wire-to-wire in three of its last four victories and hasn’t trailed since scoring the go-ahead touchdown in the final minute of the win over the Giants in Week 16.The formula could prove particularly useful at Kansas City in Saturday’s divisional round game.“When you get the lead, you can dictate how the game goes,” said kicker Adam Vinatieri, who owns four Super Bowl rings and is expected to appear in his 32nd postseason game. “By taking the lead, you get to manage the game, and that’s one of the things I’m really impressed with is how well the defense has played the last couple of weeks.”This will be a different kind of test.The AFC West champion Chiefs (12-4) return from a bye week as the conference’s top seed, with the league’s highest-scoring offense (35.3 points) and a lot to prove in a lopsided postseason series.Kansas City is 0-4 all-time against Indy in the playoffs, having lost at home following the 1995 season after securing the No. 1 seed and again in 2003 in a game that featured no punts. The Chiefs also lost in Indy following the 2006 season when Larry Johnson, the league’s No. 2 rusher, gained just 32 yards, and again in January 2014 when Luck rallied the Colts from a 38-10 deficit in the third quarter for a 45-44 victory that fell just short of the record 32-point comeback orchestrated by Colts coach Frank Reich in January 1993.This time Youth Clayton Geathers Jersey , Kansas City is back on its home turf and trying to create some new memories.“I’ll tell you that we are going through the process and getting ready to play a great football team,” coach Andy Reid said. “So we know that, and that’s where absolutely all my energy is going.”But what the Chiefs have seen on film is the hottest team in football.Running back Marlon Mack has five 100-yard games this season — including each of the past two weeks — receiver T.Y. Hilton and tight end Eric Ebron continue to make big plays down the field, the offensive line hasn’t given up a sack in two weeks and Luck appears to be in perfect sync.The combination has led Indy to wins in 10 of its last 11 games, with the last two coming in elimination games on the road.But after taking a 14-0 lead in a Week 17 playoff-clinching victory at Tennessee and a 21-0 lead at Houston in last week’s wild-card victory, the Titans and Texans never had a chance — and the Colts would like to keep it that way one more week.“We’re trying to score every time we touch the ball. We’re going to call the game in a way that we can score points,” Reich said. “We want to run it, that’s no secret, that keeps them off the field, but the bottom line is we’ve got to score points.”100<button class="view-gallery">View Gallery</button> Gallery:View from the sidelines: NFL cheerleaders 2018Raj Mehta-USA TODAY Sports | Raj Mehta HOUSTON (AP) — Deshaun Watson was sacked more than any other quarterback during the regular season.Houston’s struggles to protect him continued in the wild-card game on Saturday and it contributed to a 21-7 loss to the Indianapolis Colts.Watson, who was sacked 62 times in the regular season, was sacked three times and hit eight more times in a disappointing playoff debut. He finished with 235 yards passing with a touchdown and an interception.He addressed the pass rush when he was asked about some low throws he made on Saturday.“The pressure was there,” he said. “I couldn’t step into my throws. It wasn’t where I was sitting there by myself with a full pocket. Guys were in my face and I was trying to make throws like that.”“I don’t think any quarterback can step into that throw and get their full strength and their lower body into it Womens Andrew Luck Jersey ,” he continued. “A lot of balls can be low. That was it, really.”Houston’s passing game was also hampered by a shoulder injury to star receiver DeAndre Hopkins in a first half where they fell behind 21-0. Hopkins was second in the NFL with a career-high 1,572 yards receiving in the regular season, but was limited to five catches for 37 yards on a day he said that he sustained a Grade 3 AC strain of his right shoulder.Hopkins acknowledged it being difficult to play through his injury and was in so much pain after the game that he winced repeatedly during the simple task of trying to zip his jacket.He lamented Houston’s slow start.“I’m very disappointed,” he said. “That’s a good team that came out and jumped on us early. We just couldn’t fight back.”The Texans (11-6), who overcame a 0-3 start to win the AFC South, didn’t score until rookie Keke Coutee grabbed a 6-yard touchdown pass to cap a 16-play, 89-yard drive that included a fourth-down conversion that cut it to 21-7 with about 11 minutes left.Coutee, who returned after missing five games with a hamstring injury, was a bright spot on a tough day for Houston, grabbing 11 receptions for 110 yards.The Texans led the NFL with nine comeback wins this season, but their attempt at a rally ended on their next possession when Watson’s pass on fourth-and-10 from the Indianapolis 24 fell short with about four minutes left.Despite their early exit from the playoffs, coach Bill O’Brien expressed optimism for the team after he fell to 1-3 in four playoff games.“I just didn’t do a good enough job getting (the) guys ready to play Malik Hooker Jersey ,” he said. “Doesn’t change my feelings about this team … I think there is a bright future for the organization when you have the players we have.”Watson, who played his first full season after tearing a knee ligament after seven games as a rookie last season, agreed with his coach and said Saturday’s game didn’t shake his belief in his abilities.“My future’s bright,” he said. “I’m not going to lose any confidence in myself, what I can do … just go back to work, keep this feeling in the back of my mind, go back to work this offseason, regroup next year.”The Texans were limited to 105 yards rushing and allowed 200 as they played from behind from the first series on. Running back Lamar Miller said the huge early deficit affected what they could do offensively.“It makes it difficult,” he said. “It makes us one-dimensional just trying to hurry up and try to put points on the scoreboard. I think the second half the defense did a great job of doing their job and us on the offensive side of the ball we just didn’t finish.”Andrew Luck threw for 191 of his 222 yards and two touchdowns in the first half to allow the Colts to build the big lead.Luck threw for 863 yards with six touchdowns as the teams split two meetings in the regular season. He picked up right where he left off in this one, when he found Eric Ebron on a 6-yard TD pass on their first possession. The Colts made it 14-0 on a 2-yard run by Marlon Mack later in the first quarter.Houston went for it on fourth-and-4 from the Indianapolis 45 on its second possession and Watson was intercepted by Kenny Moore II. It was his first interception since he threw two against the Redskins on Nov. 18.The Colts got to the 17 after that before J.J. Watt deflected Luck’s pass and he was intercepted by Brandon Dunn. But the Texans couldn’t move the ball and had to punt.Indianapolis pushed the lead to 21-0 when Luck connected with Dontrelle Inman on an 18-yard touchdown pass in the second quarter.The Texans had a fourth-and-1 from the 9 late in the second quarter and went for it again instead of settling for a field goal. The gamble didn’t pay off when Watson’s pass to Hopkins was low and bounced in front of him in the end zone.“Our red area has been horrendous for the whole year,” O’Brien said. “We have had a lot of trips there, but we haven’t been able to score touchdowns down there. That was the case today.”

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users