Return to forums
Register new account
Login:

Mclaren Power Forums: There were some moments out there where I thought . Jersey - Mclaren Power Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

There were some moments out there where I thought . Jersey There were some moments out there where I thought . Jersey

User is offline   linchao 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
The Indianapolis Colts entered Week 16 with another must-win situation staring them in the face. They were taking on a New York Giants team that had just been shut out by the Tennessee Titans Youth Kenny Moore Jersey , but had also been pretty hot of late themselves before that.The Colts came out flat in the first half going down two scores early on, but were able to bring themselves back into striking distance early on in the second half, and again late in the third quarter and were forced to do it without Ryan Kelly and Eric Ebron as well.In the end the Colts were able to fight through some bad early play, far too many penalties, bad third-down defense for much of the game and a host of injuries to pull out a 28-27 win in the final minute of the game to improve to 9-6, and remain in the hunt for the final playoff spot.Here are a few takeaways from today’s big Colts victory.Colts secondary gets diced up by Eli ManningThe Colts have taken a lot of pride this season in not allowing a high number of big plays through the passing game. They’ve been pretty consistent in that category too, but today was not a day that they should look back on in a positive light.Eli Manning began his chunk-yardage passing by hitting Sterling Shepard for 17 yards on their first drive of the game, and added another deep ball to Shepard for 55 yards after he got behind Pierre Desir without safety help over the top. On the Giants’ third possession Manning found tight end Bennie Fowler across the middle for a 26-yard gain as well as Shepard again a few plays later for another 20-yard pickup.Manning also hit Evan Engram down the middle of the field for a 32-yard pass-and-catch that put the Giants inside the 5-yard line that set up another Giants’ score. As if this wasn’t bad enough, the Colts gave up several more gains of 15-plus yards and that simply cannot continue if the Colts want to make the playoffs, or actually do something in the postseason if they do. It hadn’t been their M.O. so to speak, but teams are watching veryclosely this time of year for teams who are giving up those big gains.Also of note, that when it came down to the final drive of the game, the Colts defense took advantage of Manning trying to get downfield and picked him off to seal the game. They were much better in the second half defensively, but this still must get sewn up in practice this week for the Colts’ defense.Colts lose several to injuryThis week we http://www.coltsauth...n-nelson-jersey , again, noticed that the Colts’ injury report was quite lengthy. There have been several weeks with 10-plus players being dinged up heading into the week, but it seemed today that even though the Colts put a lot of those players on the field, they seemingly continued to drop like flies throughout the game.Eric Ebron left the game with a concussion after getting squeezed by three defenders just before halftime and didn’t return. Kenny Moore needed help to get to the sideline after a leg injury, and Ryan Kelly left with a neck injury as well before halftime. The Colts’ secondary took an additional hit when Quincy Wilson went into the observation tent soon after Moore left the field.The Colts were already without Anthony Walker and Clayton Geathers to begin with, and the defense was picked apart through large portions of the game as the Colts had to heavily rotate defenders on the back end throughout the game.At this point in the season, every team is pretty banged up, but the Colts have a larger amount of players in the training room than others again this season it appears.Colts have continued great run defenseLast week the Colts had to take on Ezekiel Elliott, and were able to make him a non-factor in the second half as the Cowboys were forced to go to the air in attempt to get into the game. Elliott was effective in terms of yards per attempt, but a good amount of his success came on just a few plays, including a 24-yard burst.Otherwise the Colts held the Cowboys’ rusher to a very mediocre stat line. This week the Colts had to take on another impressive running back in Saquon Barkley and this time, they never let him gain any momentum at all.The Colts were able to limit Barkley to an average of only 2 yards per attempt throughout the game and didn’t really let him break one as a receiver out of the backfield either. The Colts have continued to hold opposing running backs to under the 100-yard mark all season and that will be critical going forward, especially if the Colts can find a way into the playoffs. The Buffalo Bills thought Derek Anderson might be the solution to their offensive struggles. He wasn't.They tried putting offensive coordinator Brian Daboll on the field for the first time. It didn't help.Instead, the turnovers mounted Darius Leonard Jersey , the scoring chances waned, and the Bills wound up talking about an all-too-familiar result Sunday: Indianapolis 37, Buffalo 5."I'm not going to pout about it. Like I said, I expect more from myself," Anderson said after making his first start since December 2016. "I came here to help this team win football games in any way that I can. Obviously today I played and it wasn't good enough."While Anderson understandably blamed himself after throwing three interceptions and losing a fumble, which the Colts converted into 24 points, there was plenty of blame to go around.The short-handed Bills (2-5) couldn't sustain drives, were forced to throw out of desperation, and again failed to score a touchdown.It was that kind of day for a team that started the season with bigger goals than just reaching the playoffs this year.Now the Bills have lost two straight, three of four and are trying to figure out how in a high-scoring league they've managed to produce just two touchdowns and 31 points over their last four games. They have a league-low 81 points in seven games and showed no indication of breaking out of the funk against a defense that played without two starters and had allowed 117 points in its previous three games 鈥?against the Texans, Patriots and Jets."There were some moments out there where I thought he (Anderson) executed well, and then there were times out there where we didn't execute well and turned it over," coach Sean McDermott said. "We have to hit the reset button, look at the film and learn from it."And it could get worse.The Bills had only four active receivers available after leaving Ray-Ray McCloud III at home for a "non-injury reason."Josh Allen's injured right elbow gave McDermott only one other option at quarterback Authentic Braden Smith Jersey , turnover-prone Nathan Peterman, who was benched after last week's loss.Buffalo also lost LeSean McCoy to a head injury on the game's second play and McDermott said it was unclear whether McCoy would be cleared through the concussion protocol in time for next Monday's game against New England."It's so different playing with the lead, we've said that. We've talked about it this week. Andrew (Luck) and I talked about it," Colts coach Frank Reich said. "We don't want to be conservative. We want to still be aggressive, but let's not do anything early and kind of blow things up."Indy executed its game plan perfectly, ending a four-game losing streak with its most lopsided win in five years.And yet the Bills' offense couldn't even ding the Colts' defense.Buffalo never led Sunday and has rarely played with more than a one-score lead over the past month, prompting may to contemplate changes. Getting healthy might help. Consistency and reducing the turnovers certainly would.While Luck finished 17 of 23 with 156 yards and four touchdown passes on a day Indy's ground game churned out 220 yards, Anderson wound up 20 of 31 with 175 yards with no touchdowns and all those turnovers.Kelvin Benjamin caught four passes for 71 yards, getting 32 on one play. No other receiver topped 25 yards as Chris Ivory and Marcus Murphy tried valiantly to fill the void left by McCoy.It wasn't nearly enough."Those guys did a great job stepping in for LeSean," Anderson said. "But as a whole, to kind of summarize it, we can't turn the ball over. We have to execute. When we cross the 50, we have to get points."

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users