Return to forums
Register new account
Login:

Mclaren Power Forums: SP Engineering: Prototype Swift Spec R lowering springs for 2012 GT-R - Mclaren Power Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SP Engineering: Prototype Swift Spec R lowering springs for 2012 GT-R

User is offline   Bruce Leeroy 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members
Posted Image

We here at SP Engineering paired up with Swift USA to test out their new prototype lowering springs for the 2012 GT-R platform. As you're aware 2008-11 GT-R's were equipped with softer spring rates from the new 2012 models (18KGM's in the front) which lead to the creation of SPEC R springs by Swift.

Swifts Prototype Spec R lowering springs come in at a firm 19.7KGM for the fronts and 9KGM for the rears. Allowing for a much more solid ride as well as approximately 1” drop all around. Please keep note that these springs are still in the testing stage so numbers may change.

These springs were installed on one of our clients (Mike's) MY12′s GT-R. Currently our client is happy with these springs as they are stating “The very first thing I noticed from the new Swift Spec R springs was my cars ride height. From my first initial drive I noticed that these springs are much stiffer. I also noticed the handling was a lot better through turns. I really like the overall height now, it gives my car an even better and much more aggressive look with my setup.”

Posted Image

Stock ride height:
Posted Image

Swift Spec R lowering spring:
Posted Image

The current price on these springs is still TBA/TBD stay tuned for more updates!
Posted Image

More images can be found here:
WWW.SP-POWER.COM

Eugene @ SP Engineering

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users