Return to forums
Register new account
Login:

Mclaren Power Forums: Bulletproof Vests To Bulletproof West’s - Mclaren Power Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bulletproof Vests To Bulletproof West’s

User is offline   xysoom 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
Bulletproof Vests To Bulletproof West’s

With Kanye West being seen stepping out recently with his kid, North, kitted out in a designer bulletproof vest the whole of the western world reacted in predictable fashion. Social media went into meltdown and fashionistas debated the merits, style and moralistic side of dressing a toddler in such a “garment.”To get more news about green bulletproof vest, you can visit bulletproofboxs.com official website.

Now, the cynical side of me lends towards subscribing to the way of thinking that maybe, just maybe, Yeezy wasn’t actually that concerned with the possibilities of his son being shot by some gang banger that day when they got ready to leave the house. To stretch this theory further I would go as far as to suggest that it was nothing more than a play at attracting publicity for his new clothing range, and it worked like the obligatory charm. And you know what? Good luck to him. If I was in his hi tops and, for example, thought that chain mail might be a cutting edge and cool look to try and bring back, then you better believe it, my daughter would be leaving the house looking like fucking King Richard the Third. If it helped get me publicity and bring in some paper all the better.
“A genius of a businessman is Yeezy, and there’s no one that can deny that. Who else could possibly come up with the idea of a fashionable bullet proof vest?” they asked, all fawning over the man with the midas touch? Well, actually, someone did … 23 years before! The brains & marketing masters behind Your Own, Anthony & Christopher Donnelly, in the midst of building their Gio Goi label came up with the idea of releasing a range of Kevlar army issue bulletproof vests. Unlike Kanye however, this range was all too often used for dual purposes. Looking good WHILE dodging the bullets!

In “Still Breathing: The True Adventures Of The Donnelly Brothers” Anthony tells the story of how they came to release such an obscure but equally attention grabbing piece of clobber, not to forget an outrageously effective marketing tool.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users