• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What Should Go Into an IFAK?

User is offline   xysoom 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
What Should Go Into an IFAK?

Preppers need the 3 Bs: beans, bullets, and bandages. Filling the bandages category should include owning an IFAK.To get more news about stop bleeding, you can visit rusuntacmed.com official website.

IFAK stands for Individual First Aid Kit. It’s a compact kit that holds critical life-saving medical equipment. Some people refer to them as an “IFAK Kit” which is technically incorrect, because “kit” is the K in IFAK.
These are small kits usually worn on a sturdy belt or attached to a pack. They are often used in hostile situations where the rapid deployment of first aid could be necessary, but they can be used for everyday “just in case” purposes as well.
The IFAK I have came from RTS Tactical, their Tactical Rapid Deploy kit. This kit came in a green pouch and works with MOLLE attachments. The medical shears are secured to the outside, and the whole thing can be easily opened with just one hand.

Two zippers go up each side of the pouch. I can grab the top handle and pull it down with one hand exposing all of the content without spilling it all over the ground. Each item is individually secured inside the pouch.

A reader sent me pictures of his various IFAKs. The first is one he bought from Vanquest. The second is one he built for his bedroom. The third (further down) is a creative one he made using an ammo can that he attached to his tractor.I polled preppers through our social media channels in advance of this article to ask what they include in their IFAK. Contents varied (as it should), but the equipment generally included the same pieces that came in my Rapid Deploy kit and some of what follows.

Adding items to an IFAK is easy to justify. I certainly need this, and two of these. And this would be good – just in case.If you can’t close your pouch with ease it’s time to thin it out!

You’re not going to fit the supplies of an ambulance into an IFAK, but that’s not the point of one. This is a kit carried (most often) on your body and needs to be small enough to allow you to move freely and quickly.The advantage to buying one is you save the time of assembling one on your own. You can peruse the market and see what makes sense to you. It’s quick and easy. The disadvantage is that you might be paying for some components that you don’t want or need.

Like with anything, if you decide to buy one you can either go high end or low(er) end. Get the one that fits your needs and your budget, because having one, regardless of how extensive it is, is better than having none at all.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users