Return to forums
Register new account
Login:

Mclaren Power Forums: The Best Spatulas, According to Hyperenthusiastic Reviewers - Mclaren Power Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Best Spatulas, According to Hyperenthusiastic Reviewers

User is offline   xysoom 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
The Best Spatulas, According to Hyperenthusiastic Reviewers

Here at the Strategist, we like to think of ourselves as crazy (in the good way) about the stuff we buy, but as much as we’d like to, we can’t try everything. Which is why we have ​People’s Choice​, in which we find the best-reviewed products and single out the most convincing ones. (You can learn more about our rating system and how we pick each item ​here​.) Get more news about Silicone Spatulas,you can vist our website!

And while we’ve written about lots of things to cook with — including the best cookware sets and the best kitchen knives — here, we’ve rounded up the best spatulas, as praised by the most enthusiastic reviewers on Amazon. To even the playing field, we focused on flipping spatulas (the kind you would use to toss your morning omelet or sear a piece of fish) to determine our best-rated and best-rated (less expensive) picks, but we included a few micro picks at the end for jar-scrapping rubber spatulas and cake-icing spatulas, too.
This spatula might technically be for fish, but as one reviewer says, it “is so thin and angled just right, which makes it perfect for getting under any food item cooking in a pan and pulling it up in one piece.” Another says, “I use it for pretty much everything I cook in a pan … eggs, burgers, meats, sandwiches, stir fry, etc.” Its versatility even landed it on the list of things Brad Leone, the host of Bon Appetit’s “It’s Alive” series, can’t live without. According to Brad, “Basically for anything you’re searing and want to get under smoothly and sharply, this is your guy.”

Customers love the small size, which many say “lends itself to more control.” So much control that one reviewer says “the power and control is unmatched.” The design makes it perfect for a variety of dishes. One says it “has the right angle for flipping pancakes, eggs, grilled cheese sandwiches.” Another says, “They are strong enough for flipping burgers and thin enough for flipping crepes.” Also, it’s dishwasher-safe. It “loads in the dishwasher like a dream,” says one review.

“The kitchen gods must have been smiling down on me because I have wound up with what has become one of my favorite kitchen utensils,” one reviewer writes about this spatula. That same reviewer describes it as “very strong, and with a tip that flexes just enough to make it perfect for so many things.” Of those so many things, nearly a fifth of reviewers rave about how well this spatula works on eggs. “This thing flips eggs like a pro,” one writes. Another says, “The eggs do not stick to it, it wipes clean with one swipe of a damp dishcloth or paper towel. My omelets are not torn or jagged and if in the mood for an over easy it is simply accomplished because the eggs just slide off the spatula.” It even improved one reviewer’s technique: “I used to sometimes break a yolk while flipping, but that will never be my fate again with this little guy.”

“Made of a single thick piece of stainless, it’s pretty much bomb proof … it has the power to flip heavy foods, like burgers and steaks, but its edges are beveled so it also handles the lighter and more delicate stuff like eggs and such.” Another says, “This is about the closest thing to the perfect classic-style metal spatula you’ll find. It’s essentially a lifetime investment.” Its stainless-steel material is what makes 10 percent of reviewers think it’s so good in a cast-iron pan. One says it’s solid enough not to melt, adding that it “works well with my cast iron where nylon or silicon would get too hot.” They also say it’s strong enough to use as a scraper. One even writes, “I have a favorite cast iron skillet that is unfazed by my energetic use of the spatula.” Others appreciate its agility: “It’s way thinner than most of the plastic ones, and more durable, giving you better control,” one writes. Another says the “metal is thick enough it won’t immediately bend, it’s a good size (not too big, not too small) and has a nice ‘heft’ to it.”

“After fumbling with ‘too-thick’ spatulas to flip flapjacks, these spatulas are perfect for flipping,” one reviewer writes. “They work well turning bacon, fish, chicken, even burgers, in the skillet. Also ideal for removing cookies from a baking sheet.” Another says they are “very handy tools great for quesadilla flipping,” while another writes, “It bends well to get under a fried egg and flip it over with little or no effort.” Although one reviewer was “concerned that they may be too thick to slip easily between pan and food” because of their nylon material, that didn’t end up being a problem. Now, they say, they are “glad [they] bought them.”

“This is just a wood spatula,” one reviewer writes, but adds that it is “great for using in non-stick pans.” Others agree, including one reviewer who used it in a new nonstick wok after ruining their previous wok with a metal spatula. “It has the correct offset for wok cooking,” they say. “And although the turning edge could be wider, it worked very well last night when I made chow mein and fried rice.” A handful of people also mention how well this works with an Instant Pot. “It’s called a turner, but I bought it specifically to stir food in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker and it is perfect for that but it has become my favorite stirring tool for all kinds of skillet dishes as well,” one writes. “It has a good feel to it in the hand,” too.

“I can flip a 9-inch pancake with this thing like it was nothin’!” says one reviewer. And he’s not along. Fifteen percent of reviewers specifically mention how well this large spatula works for flipping pancakes. “I bought it especially for pancakes because it has a beveled edge that really helps you get under your food without tearing it,” one writes. Another says, “It gets closer to the pancake and doesn’t scratch pans.” One reviewer even inadvertently tested the heat resistance: “My boyfriend accidentally left it in a searing hot pan after cooking, and it didn’t even change shape or melt away.”

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users